Today we're going to use my Crochet Flower Tutorial to make this cuff:
Size 3 Crochet Thread
Size F Crochet Needle
Pearl Snap Fasteners
Start with my flower tutorial.
Then we're going to build on to that:
1. Go into the middle stitch of a petal [back side of the flower]
2. Catch the thread and pull it through.
3. Chain one.
4. Tie a knot with the tail and string.
5. Chain 3.
6. Skip a stitch on the petal... go into the second stitch and make a slip stitch.
7. Chain 5.
8. Go into the middle stitch of the next petal and make a slip stitch.
9. Chain 5.
10. Go into the first stitch of the next petal and make a slip stitch.
12. Skip a stitch on the petal... go into the second stitch and make a slip stitch.
13. Chain 3 and flip the flower.
14. Double crochet into the same stitch we went into the first time.
15. Chain 1 and double crochet into the 3rd stitch in the chain of 5.
16. Chain 1 and double crochet into the 5th stitch in the chain of 5.
17. Chain 1 and double crochet into the 2nd stitch in the next chain of 5.
18. Chain 1 and double crochet into the 4th stitch in the chain of 5.
19. Chain 1 and go into the stitch between the chain of 3 and 5.
20. Chain 1 and go into the very first stitch. You just made 7 loops across.
21. Chain 3, flip your work, and then start the process again... this time go into each of the big holes of your work. There should only be 6 loops in this row.
22. Chain 3, flip your work, and do the same thing across. Make 6 rows like this... each time there should be one less loop.
23. When you get down to two loops, chain 3 and make a slip stitch into the other side of the band.
24. Chain 2, and then make 3 double crochets into the last loop on the band.
25. Chain 2, and then double crochet into each of the double crochets you just made. Tie off your remaining thread.
26. Repeat steps 1-25 for the other side of the band.
27. Attach Pearl Snap Fasteners to your band. Follow the packaging directions to be sure that you don't damage the clasps.
Then snap it on your wrist for a dainy wrist cuff:
And be sure to check out Kimberly's non-crochet yarn post today!
I'm linking to these parties.