Everyone has those easy-to-find media buttons on their sidebar these days... so I decided it was time for Mandipidy to jump on board. While I was at it, I figured I would write up a tutorial for anyone else who is interested in adding button links to their sidebar.
1. Decide what you want to link to. Twitter, facebook, feed burner, email... pick a handful of ways that readers can easily follow you. Here is a list of icons that I have rounded up... feel free to right click and copy any of them that you would like to use (or you can find or create your own).
All of these images are 49 x 49 px:
2. Once you have saved your images, upload them to your photobucket account. You can use the editing options to tweek the colors, resize the images, or add borders if you would like.
3. Create a place in your sidebar for your icons to go. To do this, go to your blogger dashboard. Click "Design." Click "Add a Gadget" in your sidebar:
Another box will pop up. This is where you will put your code for your media buttons:
4. Go back to photobucket, and copy the html code for the image that you want. To do this, let your mouse hover over the image you want. When you do, an options box will pop up. Click on the html code to copy it:
5. Paste your copied code into the content box in blogger:
6. Change the first web address in the code to direct to the proper webpage. Here I have highlighted the web address that I am going to change:
The button is an etsy icon, so I will replace the web address with the web address for my etsy shop and click "save":
Follow steps 4-6 for each button until you have all the icons that you want to have on your sidebar.
Let me know if you have any questions! And if you aren't into designing your own blog, I now have a services page with rates for custom blog designs.
I'm linking to these parties.